Sunday, December 18, 2011

Joyeux Noel

Pinterest it's a veritable feast of all things beautiful, clever, or just down right cute. At this time of year though its jam packed full of festive goodies, yummy food shots,sparkly dresses and my favourite, Christmas decorations! While I was  scanning the pages I stopped on this shot which gave me an idea...


I used Rosewood font and printed out the letters onto 250gsm off-white card. Then trimmed them up so that they were all an even size. I then used a fancy scalloped corner punch for the corners which add to the vintage feel. I strung them up using some mini pegs on a natural twine. Added a couple of calico stripey tape bows and threaded in some mini lights from IKEA to add some sparkle. The battery pack is cunningly hidden behind the L on the Noel so that I can switch them on/off easily.
Here it is for your viewing pleasure.  I am particularly happy with it, hope you like it and the French  vintage vibe I am aiming for.



2 comments:

Carmen said...

What a cute idea. I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner and I still haven't put up any decorations yet. Might need to steal you idea...

Leslie said...

Yeah go for it...so fast and easy to do. Nice simple and classic too. I can't live without my decorations up at this time of year, I miss my cozy Northern Hemisphere Winters so much, so I often over indulge in Christmas decorating to make up for it.